Help ensure that 500 elderly and vulnerable people will enjoy Christmas Day
We are working in partnership with H&F Council to raise funding for the Big H&F Christmas Day Lunch. We want to gather the elderly and isolated, who might otherwise be alone, for a festive meal full of fun and friendship.
Around 500 people will be treated to a delicious two-course Christmas lunch at the Novotel London West, Hammersmith. They will be greeted by friendly volunteers and served by professional staff. Attendees also receive a gift bag and vouchers. We’ll be running a complimentary bus service for anyone who can’t make their own way to the venue.
Last year was the first time in three years that this event had been held in person, as the pandemic meant we couldn’t bring people together in 2020 and 2021. We had fantastic feedback and so much fun that we are delighted to hold the event again this year. We hope to bring older people in the borough together to celebrate with companionship and Christmas cheer.
This event is completely funded by local giving, with donations from businesses and crowd funding. We’re calling on the community for support. Please give so we can make it happen.
Each donation makes a difference on Christmas Day
We need to raise £40,000* – and we’re asking for your help to make it happen. Their special day relies entirely on the generosity of local individuals, businesses and foundations.
- £1,000: Could bring joy for a table of up to 10 older people living alone. They’ll enjoy a full lunch together whilst making new connections, enjoying live entertainment, raffle, and receiving a gift package to take home. A friendly face will pick them up and take them to the venue on December 25 – in rain, snow or shine, and return them home afterwards.
- £70: Could pay for one isolated resident’s full Christmas package. This includes a delicious two-course lunch including dessert, live entertainment, raffle, and a gift bag full of goodies to take home.
- £60: Could pay for transportation for an elderly person, to and from the Novotel Hotel on Christmas Day.
- £30: Could pay for a two-course meal for an older, isolated resident to enjoy with new friends.
- £10: Could add a bit of sweetness to the day by covering the cost of an after-dinner festive mince pie, warming winter hot drinks & some festive biscuits for an elderly person to enjoy.
Looking for 2023 sponsors & larger gifts from local corporates and foundations
- We are looking for sponsors to kindly support this event. Help can be provided in the form of funding, goodie bag gifts and decorations.
- We welcome business donations of £1,000+ Click to email – you could get a charity receipt, logo placement, shout out. Find out more here.
- Give a larger amount by BACS. Click to email for bank details. Please send a completed Gift Aid Form if you’re a UK taxpayer
* Any excess funds raised will go towards providing support and engagement activities for older and vulnerable residents in the borough throughout 2024.
Looking to sign up?
Whether it be to attend the event, sign up someone you know or to volunteer on the day or leading up to it, all information can be found here.
Or if you simply have a question and want to get in contact, we’re happy to help. Contact Louise Wilson, Executive Director, H&F Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org