Please give the gift of some festive fun to your isolated, older H&F neighbours
For many of us, Christmas Day is a day full of joy, family, food, friendship and giving. For others, it can be one of the toughest days of the year, particularly some of our older residents who are living on their own, struggling to keep warm and still facing the pinch of the on-going cost-of-living crisis. To make their day one to remember at this difficult time and set them up for a great start to 2024, Hammersmith & Fulham Council and H&F Giving are teaming up again to give up to 500 older borough residents who’d be alone on the day, a Big H&F Christmas Day Lunch.
Can your business help make this a Christmas to remember for older people who’ll otherwise be on their own?
On 25 December, guests will enjoy a festive, two-course meal at the Novotel London West Hotel, Hammersmith, with entertainment, a gift bag and transportation there and back. We need to raise £40,000* for this – and we’re asking for your help to make it happen. Their special day relies entirely on the generosity of local individuals, businesses and foundations.
£1,000+ will sponsor a table of 10 older residents to share their Christmas lunch together whilst making new connections. You’ll get:
- Your logo on your sponsored table(s), Big H&F Christmas Lunch webpages and posts on social media
- Your company’s name regularly highlighted across social media until January 2023.
£5,000+ will sponsor key elements that make Christmas Day truly special for our isolated, older residents. You’ll get:
Your sponsorship attributed to something that will make their day – this could be:
- providing the chance to dance by sponsoring the entertainment;
- adding a bit of sweetness by sponsoring the mince pies and teas; or
- supporting the costs for items in our goody bags so our older residents have an extra special Christmas present to open this year
- A quote from your business and your logo in articles for the council’s e-newsletter, which reaches 20,000 H&F residents
- Collaboration with your internal communication needs, such as press releases.
£10,000+ will make you a headline sponsor for the Big H&F Christmas Lunch. You’ll get a combination of the above plus:
- The chance for your staff to pack gift bags as a team-building activity, to be featured in the e-news
- One or two of your company’s branded items or gifts to go into each of 500 gift bags (e.g. chocolates, pens, diaries, water bottles).
We’d be very grateful, too, for any donations for the 500 gift bags, such as food, treats, wrapping, vouchers, toiletries or festive ornaments. We will acknowledge those in our communications. If you have any different ideas for how you might like to help, we’d be delighted to explore this.
If you are interested, please get in touch with email@example.com by 8 December. Please see hfgiving.org.uk/bighfchristmasdaylunch/ for further details.
We know how many residents really look forward to this lunch on Christmas Day – and with your help, we hope to create a very special occasion for them again this year.
Cllr Ben Coleman
Deputy Leader of H&F Council
Executive Director, H&F Giving
(Charity No 1187649)
A partnership appeal between H&F Giving (Charity No 1187649) and H&F Council
* Any excess funds raised will go towards providing support and engagement activities for older and vulnerable residents in the borough throughout 2024.