Summer Household Support Fund – Pension Households – Extended Deadline
An online application process for local groups
Hammersmith & Fulham Council and H&F Giving have launched the Summer Household Support Fund – Pensions Households, awarding grants to community organisations which support those most in need in the local community. These grants are to provide direct support to pensioner residents facing crisis or poverty.
The funding has been provided by the Government and is being administered by H&F Giving.
We are looking to distribute a total of £30,000 to local Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations to support pensioner households in Hammersmith & Fulham.
Funding is available for support in the following areas:
- food distribution whether in kind or vouchers or cash
- help towards the costs of utilities e.g. energy, water, heating bills
- help for bills such as broadband or phone bills, transport costs and repairs
- help towards essentials such as clothing, soap, blankets, boiler service/repair, purchase of equipment such as white goods.
The funding criteria
The funding is to be used by pensioner households most in need, including those struggling due to the cost-of-living crisis.
- We are inviting established VCS organisations with a track record in supporting vulnerable residents in Hammersmith and Fulham to apply for a grant of between £2,000 and £30,000.
- With applications for amounts over £20,000, we require them to be made for a project that is being run in partnership with another VCS group in the Borough.
- Projects must have distributed or fully committed the funding to support households by 30 September 2022.
- Funding is to provide direct support to residents, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
- Funding may not be used for advice services, therapy or support with mortgage costs.
- With applications for amounts over £10,000, we expect the organisation to provide a more detailed description of budget spend within the application form.
- All organisations receiving grants will be required to keep records of all expenditure and to provide a report on activities and spend.
- All organisations which receive funding must have an up-to-date safeguarding policy and procedures and an equal opportunity policy.
- Extended deadline for applications midnight Thursday 18 August, 2022.
- Applications will be assessed by an adjudication panel by 25 August, 2022.
- We hope to inform you of the outcome of your application by 30 August, 2022.
- All groups which are successful in their application and are awarded a grant will be asked to provide an interim report no later than 9 September and a final report by 20 October.
FAQs and Guidance
If you have any queries about your project’s eligibility, or for support in completing the form, please contact Flora, Executive Director, at email@example.com or on 07881 103827.